THAI FUNK ZUDRANGMA VOL.2 [LP]
|1. BUALUANG OST - Singto (Lion)
2. PANADDA CHAYAPARK - Yoong (Mosquito)
3. CHAI MUANGSING - Pee Kao Pee Oak (Ghost In Ghost Out)
4. SANGTHONG SEESAI - Duang Duang Duang (Luck Luck Luck)
5. SRIPAI JAIPRA - YomMaBan TaLangKan (Officer Of Hell's Announcement)
6. SANGTHONG SEESAI - Kam Kao (Old Karma)
7. THE IMPOSSIBLE - Pom-Pom-Pom (Hair-Hair-Hair)
8. SOONTHORN SUJARIDCHAN - Sara-A-Mor-Sara-R : Kee Mao (D-R-U-N-K : Pissed)
9. SOONTHORN SUJARIDCHAN - Sara-A-Mor-Sara-R : Kee Mao Lae (D-R-U-N-K : Wasted)
10. SOONTHORN SUJARIDCHAN/ KRONGTHONG TUSSANAPHAN - OudTaLud Bump (Hurtle Bump)
11. THE GENERATION - Racing
|12. THE PRESIDENT - Ruk Chua NiRunDon (Love Forever)
13. DON SORNABEAB - Mao (Drunk)
14. CHANTANA KITTIYAPAN - Ya-Ya (No-No)
15. THE ORIENTAL FUNK - Loy KraTong Disco
16. THE GENERATION - Kon Muan Khan (People Are The Same)
17. SROENG SANTI - Leang Mai Toe (Overkill)
18. BUPPA SAICHOL - Kon Chob Pluk (Waker)
19. SROENG SANTI - Ba Bor Por Khan (Crazy Same Same)
20. HONGTHONG DAO UDON - Mai Keay Ruk (Never Loved)
21. RAYRAI NA KORATICH - Kard Klan Nam Mun (Lack Of Gasoline)
22. ROYAL SPRITES - Noom Rai Por (Kenaf Farm Man)
Over two years ago, Bangkok crate digger Maft Sai from ZudRangMa Records Thailand complied two now legendary volumes of 1960’s and 70’s Thai pop, garage rock, funk, and disco from a selection of artists unknown outside of Southeast Asia. Both came housed in a limited hand-stitched soft cloth sleeve with songs culled from the used record bins and bustling street markets of the region.
For those who missed the original CD editions or prefer their music on virgin black wax, Thai Funk Volume 2 is now available as an epic double LP package. Housed in a deluxe gatefold “tip-on” old-school jacket with a plethora of vintage album art, lovingly remastered audio, and to top it off, the beautiful Thai print hand-stitched cloth outer sleeve (w/ four color/pattern variations) that the original compilations were famous for, it’s hands down our most ornate and eloquent packaging yet. But have no fear music fans, the funky freak-out East-meets-West sounds contained within are what really shine through.
Artists from the first ZudRangMa comp, like the soulful Chantana Kittiyapan and disco funkateers Royal Sprites take a celebratory lap around some of Maft Sai’s fascinating new/old discoveries like The Impossible, who are still active in the music business. “Singto (Lion)” from Bualuang OST/EP is a head nodding revelation. Equally important as an anthropological document and a party starting record, Thai Funk Volume 2 is sure to be treasured by music lovers of all stripes. Ethnomusicologists and cultural navigators please take note—this is a learning experience of the best kind!
• Limited vinyl edition of the ZudRangMa Records anthology
• Double LP housed in a deluxe “tip-on” Stoughton jacket
• Beautifully packaged in a HAND-STITCHED CLOTH OUTER SLEEVE (10+ pattern variations)
• Meticulously restored and remastered audio
• Features original album art and introduction by Maft Sai
• Download card for full album plus two bonus tracks!